The advice about diet is to eat
mainly from The following:
- FISH, ORGANIC POULTRY, LEAN MEAT, VEGETABLES,
FRUITS (NON TROPICAL), NUTS, EGGS (ORGANIC)
- SEEDS (FLAXSEED, PUMPKIN SEEDS). BE CAREFUL
WITH GRAINS AND STAY AWAY FROM REFINED
- ALSO BE CAREFUL WITH VEGETABLE OILS,
HYDROGENATED FATS (TRANSFATS) AND PROCESSED
FOODS. BEST OILS ARE OLIVE OIL FOR SALADS AND
COCONUT OIL OR GHEE (FROM GRASS FED DAIRY)
FOR HIGH TEMPERATURE COOKING.
- TAKE SUPPLEMENTS OF VITAMINS, MINERALS AND
OMEGA 3 CAPSULES. ALSO TAKE FOODS HIGH IN
ANTIOXIDANTS OR TAKE ANTIOXIDANT CAPSULES.
- GET YOUR HORMONE LEVELS CHECKED AND DO
Last piece of advice is to follow
the anti ageing medicine practices
to prevent chronic diseases and
increase the Lifespan of you and
- Insulin resistance due primarily to intake of high carbs foods on a continuous basis
- Oxidative stress due to free radicals
- Leaky gut syndrome causes inflammation throughout the body
- Glycation. Linking of sugar with protein molecules causing a damaging process in the body. Fructose is many times more likely to cause this than glucose. To prevent this avoidance of high glycemic foods especially high fructose food is advised.
Having identified the problem the question arises how to prevent, treat and reverse the process. The main focus is on DIET, the major cause of the cardio-metabolic disease is the change that has occurred in our supply chain over the past 50 years. Fish, poultry, lean meat, nuts, fruits and vegetables are part of a menu that is in harmony with our genetic makeup which has not changed for millennia. Our ancestors ate primarily from two food groups – meat and fish and vegetables and fruits. Grains appeared only 7000 years ago and dairy products 5000 years ago. The refining of grains and farming practices have resulted in the western diet together with addition of high fructose corn syrup. Some other factors are toxins, lack of exercise, genetic factors and falling hormone levels.