It’s important to keep healthy eating a priority, especially if you’re constantly on the go. Healthy food helps give you the boost of energy you need to help you feel your best and get through a demanding day. You might think you’re too busy to consistently eat well, but it really is possible to fit in positive, impactful habits in minimal time. When it comes to eating right, “Preparation is key. Don’t let yourself get caught without a healthy snack on hand. You never know when you might be stuck in traffic or held up at a meeting. When you’re hungry, your mind is not in the mood to make good decisions. It wants to make the easy decision—and a lot of times, it ends up being something that’s not great for you.”
So, how do you avoid making that “easy” decision? Simple: Make eating healthy the easy decision! When you arm yourself with good-for-you snacks at all times, there’s never an excuse to hit the drive-thru or office vending machine.
When it comes to choosing a good snack, one of the reasons I like using Meta products is because they have multi-health benefits. When I grab a Meta Health Bar, I’m not just getting fiber; I’m also helping to promote my digestive health and helping to satisfy hunger as a healthy snack.”
Take a page out of these 16 on-the-go healthy snacks:
- Pair a handful of raw almonds with a piece of fruit for a snack that’s rich in fiber and healthy fats.
- Make your own trail mix by combining your favorite whole-grain cereal with a sprinkling of nuts, seeds and dried fruit in a plastic baggie.
- In a small container or jar, make a parfait with low-fat yogurt, granola and fresh berries.
- Pair whole-grain crackers with an ounce of your favorite cheese.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of peanut butter or hummus into the bottom of a jar with a lid. Slice up some celery sticks and put them in the jar. Screw on the lid to grab and go!
- Blend up a fruit smoothie with frozen fruit, milk and a handful of spinach. Take it with you in a to-go cup.
- Melt a slice of low-fat cheese inside a folded mini whole-grain tortilla.
- Top a batch of air-popped popcorn with your favorite seasoning and seal it in a plastic baggie.
- Make half a chicken sandwich on whole-wheat bread for a double whammy of fiber and protein.
- Bake your own healthy veggie chips and transport them in a plastic baggie or container.
- Mix ranch seasoning with Greek yogurt to make a protein-packed veggie dip.
- Wrap a low-fat string cheese with deli chicken slices to satisfy a savory craving.
- Roast a batch of veggies and pack in a container. Drizzle with dressing or sauce of your choice.
- Slice a hard-boiled egg to eat with whole-grain crackers.
- Pair beef jerky with a piece of fruit for a sweet and salty snack.
- Whip up a Blueberry Flax Microwave Muffin in minutes to take with you for later.
What’s your favorite healthy snack to help satisfy your hunger on the go?